Hello everyone, My small family of four! I am excited to be starting my second semester at Hardin-Simmons University and learning about psychology with y'all. My name is Aylin Neri. Many people are stumped when attempting to say my name! My first name is pronounced like "I-lean". There is not much to say about myself. I am from a small town named Fredericksburg, Texas. I come from a small family of four. I have a little sister, and she is 11 years old. My major is Nursing and I am aiming to specialize in becoming a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner. I am very shy and quiet at first, but I warm up for those who get to know me personally. I am a part of the track team at HSU. While I was in High School, I was on the track team and I ran sprints and relay events. If it wasn't for the track coach recruiting me, I would've never been able to learn about how great this school is! Hardin-Simmons has led me to grow spirit...
Hey Aylin! I am glad that you were able to talk to so many people that are very close to you throughout the week and that you were able to have a nice moment with your dad. I thought the part you added about how your dad would have not answered your calls had he known you were talking to him for a class project was very funny, because my dad probably would have done the same. Great job overall!
ReplyDeleteWow!! this was so awesome to read! I think we underestimate the importance of meaningful conversations. I really liked how detailed you explained each conversation. It shows how much you listened. Also, I am in choir with Cossette and I love being around her, so I can imagine that you really will miss her! Hopefully you can continue to have good conversations with her over the summer to stay close! Thank you for this post! Great job!
ReplyDeleteHey Aylin! This was a great post. Being a talker is great but the people who listen are the ones who make the most difference. People who listen really take in everything you say and then figure out what they will do with the information. Listeners are not very common at this time. Some people may listen but do not actually understand what was just spoken to them. Lets make it a challenge to listen better.
ReplyDeleteHey Aylin! You did a great job on this blog post! I really loved reading about your conversations that you had with the people that you are close to and how they reacted to your active listening skills. Thank you for sharing! You are a really great writer and I have seen that in your blogs this semester! I have really enjoyed reading them!
ReplyDelete